MIT Vishwashanti Gurukul Teachers Training Academy, B. Ed College ( English Medium), Rajbaug, Loni Kalbhor, Pune is embodiment of excellence and high value system. The serene beauty of the campus environment (it is located on the sprawling grounds of Rajbaug) adds to the charm of studying in this educationally charged atmosphere. Its quintessence lies in amalgamation of scientific and spiritual inclinations. The college is mindful of the key role it plays in the development of productive teachers and the impact it makes on multiple levels of community and society. MIT's VGTTA is a teacher training academy where dissemination and application of knowledge are synergistically balanced. It is an institution that aspires to offer myriad of opportunities to evolve continuously into better teachers and thus better human beings. We provide exposure to advanced technologies and information which facilitates the teacher trainees immensely in the achievement of remarkable academic journey. Thus, we act as catalyst in fulfilling student - teachers' aspirations to become accomplished professionals in the field of education.
Diverse activities are scheduled throughout the B. Ed academic year:
- Workshop on Preparation of Teaching Aids by experts from SCERT
- Workshop on Communication Skills, Life skills, Stress management, Continuous comprehensive Evaluation, Constructivist teaching- learning, Value Education, Personality Development, How to write best answers in B. Ed examination
- On campus placement with diverse schools and mock interviews.
- Additional classes to Enhance English Speaking
- Vishwajigyasa Intercollegiate Extempore Competition
- Emphasis on the use Cooperative and Collaborative learning techniques and Constructivist Approach
- Student and Staff Enrichment Programme - wherein latest update in the field of Education is shared such as Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy, Transactional analysis, Mentoring and Coaching, Trends in Education.
- Street Play on Swacch Bharat Abhiyan and Dengue Awareness as a part of serving for community.
- Visit to NGO for community service.
- Visits to Schools for Recreational activities and Personality development of school students.
- State Level Science Exhibition for School Students.
Various days and festivals are celebrated with fun and frolic so that teacher trainees get hands on experience of how to organize such events once they are recruited in schools like-
- Teacher’s day
- Ganapati Festival
- Dussera and Diwali celebration
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Celebration
- Gurunanak Jayanti
- Bakri Eid and ramzan Eid
- Children’s Day
- Chirstmas day celebration
- Makar Sankrati celebration
- National science Day
- College Day’s Celebrations.